Dress Code (Kindergarten through Eighth Grade):
• No revealing clothing. Students shall not wear sheer blouses, bare midriff or revealing tank tops, tube tops, open backed shirts, halter tops, spaghetti straps or low-cut necklines.
• Short skirts and short shorts are not allowed.
• Leggings or tights must be covered by shorts, dress, or skirt.
• Students shall not wear sagging or oversized pants or shirts. Belts, wallet chains, etc., may not hang down.
• Undergarments shall not be visible.
• Hats or hoods may not be worn in class.
• No clothing, backpacks, or hats that suggest a gang affiliation, bear inappropriate logos including graffiti style language/logos, carry an inappropriate message (words or images that are offensive, vulgar, derogatory towards individuals or groups of people, or that promote or advertise illegal products or activities), do not provide appropriate coverage, or detract from the academic environment.
• For reasons of safety, students must wear closed toe shoes. Sandals, flip flops and slippers are not allowed.
• Make up is not permitted. Students must have clean, neat hair with natural color.
• All clothing must be neat, clean, and in good condition, reflecting a professional atmosphere of learning.
Students who do not follow these specific dress code rules or wear clothing that is inappropriate for school will be sent to the office for appropriate attire.
• Referral to assistant principal for change of clothing. Parent will be contacted.
• Referral to assistant principal. Parent must bring a change of clothes and meet with assistant principal.
• Referral to assistant principal. Student may be suspended.